Wednesday, June 06, 2012

The Dish Soap Challenge. Week Three: Patio Furniture


  In doing this dish soap challenge for the past few weeks, I'm feeling like dish soap is my new cleaning BFF. It's been so amazing! I haven't been disappointed yet!

  For those just tuning in, I've issued myself a challenge to start doing my cleaning with dish soap wherever I can. Every week for the next while I'll clean something new with dish soap & see how the results stack up to the results using a more expensive, specialty cleaner. I'll use my home as the guinea pig & let you in on the results.



This past weekend was so beautiful & warm, we simply had to eat outside on our patio at every possible occasion. 
We had taken out our patio furniture this spring, but hadn't yet cleaned it off or used it.

After weeks of rain, wind, dust, & birds (if you get my drift), this is what the table looked like:


Blech! I think I'd pass on a meal at this table!

After simply squirting a small amount of dish soap into a pail & adding some warm water, the kids & I washed off our patio table & chairs.

We dried them off with a dry rag & here is the end result:


A gloriously clean patio set to eat lunch at!

Verdict: We're 3/3. I'll be using dish soap to clean outside again.

If you missed the first two instalments of this experiment, please visit:
Enjoy your day!




4 comments:

  1. 2yellowbirdsdecorFriday, June 08, 2012

    Wow!!! It looks so squeaky clean! You are totally making me want to start cleaning with dish soap! Thanks so much for sharing this too at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, Then table looks awesome like you could eat right on top of it! Yeah dishsoap! Makes you wonder why we buy anything else!  I love your series and enjoy it weekly! Thanks for linking up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following you along on this challenge. I can't believe it worked again. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it. I'm buying stock in Dish Soap! How totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips