Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY Doily Gift Bag

I'm back again today with another gift wrap idea. Seriously, this is turning into a series. :)

This is another way to pretty up a plain coloured gift bag.


Here's what you need:
  • Gift bag
  • Paper doilies
  • A stapler
  • Glue Dots, double sided tape, or hot glue
I followed this tutorial to make the large doily flower on the front of the bag. 



Then, I attached it to the bag with the Glue Dots.


To make the doily ruffle at the top of the bag, I followed these steps:


  1. Cut a paper doily in half & accordion fold it.
  2. Gather the bottom edges together to make a little fan.
  3. Squish the edges together & staple.
  4. Adhere to the inside of the gift bag in a row with glue dots, double sided tape, or a hot glue gun.
  5. Repeat on the other side.


Cuteness!




Wouldn't you like to receive a gift in a bag like this? 

Who knows, maybe I'll give it to you! ;)

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!


This project was featured on:

2 comments:

  1. Steph this is FABULOUS!!! Great idea and it sure POPS on that red bag!


    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips