Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wuv, True Wuv {Grey & Yellow Wedding Card}

Remember that part from The Princess Bride where 
That never gets old for me. I laugh every. single. time. 

"Wuv, twue wuv..." I'm laughing even now... 

Okay, I'm trying to be serious now. That's what the "True Love" rub-on I used on this card made me think of. 

Ahhh, funny what random phrases can trigger, hey? 

Anyhoo...

Do you still love grey & yellow as much as I do? 

Good. I'm still in major like. I was at a wedding a year ago that had grey & yellow as the colours & it was gorgeous! My favourite wedding colour palette to date, I think.


This was a fairly simple card to pull together. The only tricky part was the bling. The way it was originally configured didn't work on the card, so I cut it into a few sections & pieced it together in a design that worked for me.



I've had those yellow paper flowers in my stash for a few years now. It's about time I used them! ;)


After adding the grey ribbon across the bottom, I decided the card needed a bit more yellow so I layered a thin, yellow, velvet ric-rac ribbon over it. I really like the effect!



Products used:
  • Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
  • Patterned Paper - Echo Park
  • Swirly bling - Dollarama
  • Paper flowers & yellow gem - Michael's
  • Grey ribbon - Stampin' Up!
  • Yellow ric-rac - American Crafts
  • "True Love" rub-on - Stampin' Up!



~~~~~

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!



4 comments:

  1. Crystelle BoutiqueThursday, January 31, 2013

    Oh y! So pretty!


    Such lovely detail....
    You are a true paper artist! (and ribbon!)


    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lettersandlace.blogspotThursday, January 31, 2013

    Yes, I love the color combo, adorable card! Found you through Crafty Blog Stalkers link party. So glad to connect! Cheers, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I LOVE grey and yellow. Probably my favorite combination :) Super cute cards!


    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie GermainSunday, May 12, 2013

    Beautiful. Yellow and grey are my current favorite color combo. Love the flower!!! Gotta love finding great things to use in the stash of supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips