Monday, May 27, 2013

Strawberry Covered Chocolate Trifle


Happy Monday, friends! I hope those of you in the U.S. are having a great Memorial weekend.

Last week, we were invited over by some friends for supper - it was a fabulous night with lots of laughs, great conversation, & delicious food. My friend, Sarah, asked me if I would bring a dessert & I was happy to oblige! 

I did a twist on my Strawberries & Cream Trifle. Here's what I came up with...




Strawberry Covered Chocolate Trifle  {Print Recipe}
serves 10

3/4 cup strawberry jam + 2 Tbsp water

1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk + 1 1/2 cup water
1 package strawberry jello mix
1 package (4 serving size) vanilla pudding mix
2 cups whipping cream, whipped

16 medium strawberries, sliced

1 8x8 pan of brownies, cut into bite sized pieces *Recipe below*


Mix strawberry jam & water in a small bowl. Set aside.

In a large mixer bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk & water. Add pudding mix & jello mix; beat well. Chill until thickened, about 20 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.

To assemble the trifle:
Spoon 2 cups of the pudding mixture into a large glass serving bowl
Top with half of the brownie pieces
Top with half of the sliced strawberries
Top with half of the jam
Top with half of the remaining pudding mixture
Repeat layers, ending with pudding mixture.

Chill at least 4 hours before serving. 

*Here is the Brownie Recipe I use:

Delicious Basic Brownies


1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa

2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/8 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In the microwave, melt butter for about 30-45 seconds. Remove from microwave & stir in cocoa. Set aside.

In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, flour, chocolate chips, & salt. Don't stir yet. Pour cocoa mixture over top & stir all together. 

Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely before using in trifle. I make mine the day before.





Dig in & enjoy!

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day,





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...I am drooling! Looks amazing!

    Thanks for sharing at the party!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips